Get Free Consultation
Marriage certificate attestation in the UAE is an essential process for couples who intend to live, work, or settle in the country. It involves verifying the authenticity and validity of the marriage certificate issued in the home country. It is essential to go through the attestation procedure, also known as marriage certificate attestation in the UAE, since it guarantees that the marriage certificate will be approved and legally recognised by UAE authorities. The procedure typically involves notarization of the marriage certificate, followed by authentication from the respective state authorities and the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) in the home country. Subsequently, the marriage certificate is attested by the UAE embassy or consulate in the home country, and finally, it undergoes verification by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) in the UAE. Index Office Service provide you a quick and effortless service with our experts and we have 25 years of experience.
What is a marriage certificate?
A marriage certificate is a legal proof of marriage issued by a government agency or marriage register after a couple has solemnized their marriage. It contains details like spouse names, wedding date and location, and witnesses or officiants. The certificate is essential for legal rights, obligations, changing surnames, receiving spousal benefits, and paying joint taxes.
How to legally issue your marriage certificate in the UAE?
- Marriage Registration: First, you and your partner must fulfill the legal requirements to get married in the UAE. You will also need to submit a marriage application to the relevant marriage court or authority.
- Marriage Court Appointment: Once your application is processed, you will receive an appointment date from the marriage court or authority.
- Marriage Certificate Issuance: After the marriage ceremony, the marriage officer will issue the original marriage certificate. It is important to ensure that all the information on the certificate is accurate and matches the details of both partners.
- Translation and Notarization: If your marriage certificate is in a language other than Arabic, you may need to have it translated into Arabic by a certified translator. The translated version, along with the original certificate, should be notarized by the Notary Public or the relevant authority in the home country.
- Attestation by UAE Embassy/Consulate: The next step is to have the marriage certificate attested by the UAE embassy or consulate in the home country. This involves submitting the original and translated certificates, along with any required supporting documents, to the embassy or consulate for verification and attestation.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) Attestation: Once the UAE embassy or consulate has attested the marriage certificate, it needs to be further authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) in the UAE.
How to gain a marriage certificate in the UAE?
- Application Submission: Visit the relevant marriage court or authority in the emirate where you plan to get married and submit the necessary application form along with the required documents.
- Marriage Documentation: Once the application is processed, the marriage court will provide a date for the marriage ceremony.The authorized marriage officer will conduct the ceremony and prepare the marriage contract.
- Documentation Completion: After the ceremony, the marriage officer will issue the original marriage contract, which acts as the marriage certificate.
- Attestation and Registration: The translated and notarized marriage contract needs to be attested by the Ministry of Justice or the relevant department in the respective emirate. This attestation confirms the legal validity of the document within the UAE.
- Municipality Registration: After completing the attestation, you must register the marriage with the municipality or civil affairs department in the emirate. This step ensures that the marriage is officially recognized and recorded in the UAE.
A reputable company for certificate attestation in UAE,
- More than 25 years of expertise in providing customers with effective solutions.
- Strong presence around the globe in Qatar, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, India, and many more nations thanks to affiliate offices and business networks.
- Multinational organisation with ISO certification offering startup company advice.
- Dedicated to having our clients’ trust and happiness as our main motivator.
- Comprehensive services for establishing businesses, incorporating them, registering them, assisting with visas and bank account establishment, as well as providing PRO, legal translation, and diplomatic services.
Years of Experience
For marriage attestation in the UAE. We will guide you through these effortless procedures. For more information, please contact us at: